FYI… from PPGIS
We are pleased to attach the fifth e-bulletin from the ICT4D programme which focuses on forests, which is one of the themes of our research programme. Our e-bulletin is issued every 3 months, aimed at updating readers on an IDRC-funded pan-African research programme looking at Participatory-GIS and food security in Africa, and is edited by team members from Enda Lead Africa.
Just to remind you, it’s a 3 year programme implemented in a number of African countries and looking at P-GIS in:
· Water resources management, Benin
· Community management of forests, Kenya and Rwanda;
· Adaptation to the effects of climate change, Malawi;
· Land management, Senegal;
· Management of traditional knowledge in the field of irrigation, Tunisia.
Kindly distribute within your networks and pass on to us any contact details for interested persons and institutions.
The coordination team